Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Note:

Names of people I know have been changed to respect the privacy of those involved. Unless they say it's okay, or I see elsewhere.

Friday, April 22, 2005

Stake Conference is this Sunday!

And we're doing something different. I seem to remember them saying something about this between sessions of General Conference, but it was kind of an interesting surprise. Instead of having a regular SC where members of the stake speak, we'll have opening and closing excercises, but the conference will be broadcast from Salt Lake! I'm not sure exactly how it'll work, but I think it's neat.
I'm hoping that hubby can come to SC on Sunday. It'll only be for two hours, and he won't have to get up too early. Well, it'll be early for him (8:30/9:00), but not as early as he would have to for regular church (7:30/8:00).
I've kinda slacked some on my Book of Mormon challenge. I'm a few days behind, but I think Sunday is a good day to catch up on where I should be. I should be up to Mosiah 11 by then.
Mira brought this up to me today. It's amazing how the Lord provides for us. Last month, we realized that I needed to find a job so we can have an income again since he's not fully healed yet. This was my first week at my new job (I work at a day-care/pre-school with 6 week to 8 month olds), and today was payday. Not only did I get my first paycheck, but I also got a check from the Board of Elections Commissioners today for working the polls for this month's elections (5 April). This means I can start paying tithing again, which is a real blessing.
Mira told me about a guy in Peru that was weary about paying tithing. "Just look at [so-and-so]. He pays his tithing and he still lives in the same old house, works at the same old job, can't read." The list went on.
Mira told him (or was it his comp?), "But he has a job that puts food on the table, he has a place to live, and all four of his children have gone to college (which is difficult in Peru)." Paying tithing does not automatically give you tons of money to buy a mansion, an expensive car, and the latest fashions, all things you may want, but it does enable you to get what you need. 10% may sound like a lot to some people, but it might be better than what you have to pay to the government in taxes very year. ^_^

No comments: