Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Note:

Names of people I know have been changed to respect the privacy of those involved. Unless they say it's okay, or I see elsewhere.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

The Modest Prom

I was reading the headlines of the local newspaper online when an article caught my eye. It was about the tri-stake prom for the Laurels and Priests* that was held this weekend. The authors interviewed some of the youth, and one of the gals they interviewed is the Stake President's daughter, and one of the guys is our ward chorister.
I went to see Phantom of the Opera that night with some of my family and friends (I've seen it three times now ^_^), and when we were talking in the foyer after the movie was over, I asked my dad where one of my brothers was. "Oh, he went to the dance tonight."
"So why didn't [my youngest brother] go?" I asked. My youngest brother is 14, and he can go to the dances now, so I was confused as to why he didn't.
"Because [other brother]'s a priest, and the priest/laurel prom was tonight."
"Oh that's right! He's a... wait! He's a priest?!" It had completely skipped my mind that he's a priest now! Man I feel old. "Don't feel too bad," said mom's friend Rosie. "I remember when you were a bump" she said as she pointed to my tummy. ^_^

*For non-LDS, a Laurel is a young woman in the last two years of the Young Women's program. Beehive girls are 12-13, Mia Maids are 14-15, and Laurels are 16-17. A Priest is the last two years of the Young Men's program. Deacons are 12-13, Teachers are 14-15, and Priests are 16-17.

Update: This weekend, it was on the homepage of the church website! How cool is that?

No comments: