Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Note:

Names of people I know have been changed to respect the privacy of those involved. Unless they say it's okay, or I see elsewhere.

Saturday, September 11, 2004

I'm confuzzled...

I was on my way to see my father-in-law, a dentist, about a wisdom tooth I have that's bugging me. My gums are infected, so I'm on amoxicillin to get rid of the bacteria and I'm taking aspirin for the pain. It turns out my tooth is coming up straight like it should and has just barely enough room, but I can keep it.
Anyway, back to the point. In order to get there, we had to pass into my old neighborhood. In my old neighborhood, there is a church, and that church usually has cute signs out front, like, "Sign broken. Hear message inside". Today's message really made me think. But not in the deep religious, philosophical way, mind you. I wondered about the message that they were trying to send across:

"God grades on the cross, not on the curve."

Excuse me? The first thing that I thought was that today was the 3rd anniversary of the bombing of the World Trade Center towers. 11 September. Are they saying what I think they're saying? Or am I making something out of nothing?

No comments: