Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Note:

Names of people I know have been changed to respect the privacy of those involved. Unless they say it's okay, or I see elsewhere.

Monday, September 13, 2004

"For the temple is a holy place where we [were] sealed together"

I started thinking today, out of nowhere, about when I announced that I was getting married. All my friends are non-members, so since I was having a temple wedding, they wouldn't be able to actually see the happy event. I didn't think until after the fact about having a ring ceremony for them to have a sense of participation in the whole thing, outside of the reception. If I could do it all over again, I would have added that to the list of events. I apologize now for not doing so.
I made up my mind as a young woman that I wanted to be married in the temple. And when we finally had one in St. Louis, I had it set in stone. True, I could have had a regular wedding first, but I would have had to wait a year until we could go to the temple and be sealed.
I wish that I could have had my friends there to see the tear that rolled down my cheek when I said that I would be taken as Mira's wife (not his real name). I wish that they could have heard the promises we made to each other in that sacred place. It would have been nice to have the rest of my family there as well. One day, I hope to see my siblings do the same.
I hope that if my non-member friends have any questions, they'll get in touch with me and I will try and explain to the best of my abilities. There's a lot I can't say because of it's sacred nature, but I'll do what I can.

No comments: