Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Note:

Names of people I know have been changed to respect the privacy of those involved. Unless they say it's okay, or I see elsewhere.

Friday, September 03, 2004

The book's better than the movie

My husband and I have a temporary movie pass at the local Blockbuster store to rent as many movies as we want in one month (two at a time) for $15 or so. So we've been renting some movies that we've wanted to see or that looked halfway interesting that we didn't see in theatres because we can. ^_^ He went the other day and rented the Book of Mormon movie. My recently married nephew said he didn't like it, but we decided we'd make up our own minds about it.
We didn't watch the whole thing. We saw the first twenty minutes or so, then fast forwarded to see a few scenes, but all in all, we weren't impressed. It was too theatrical. The actors in this movie were like actors on stage, speaking a bit louder and kinda unnatural in order to be heard.
I've seen some of the cartoons about it, and I think I like them better. As far as non-members go, I think it's a good way for them to be introduced to the church. But as for me and my husband, the book is better.

No comments: