Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Note:

Names of people I know have been changed to respect the privacy of those involved. Unless they say it's okay, or I see elsewhere.

Monday, August 30, 2004

"The eternal 'Why?' of a child!"

I thought it would be years, at least until I had my own kids, before I'd see the inquisitive eyes and hear the age-old question of "Why?". But it happened yesterday. Twice.
The first kid, I'll call him "Buttons", asked me the first time. I had commented on one rather thirsty kid during snack time, and had said something about water being good. "Why teacher?"
"Well, because it's good for your body. It keeps your insides working."
"But why teacher?" So I came up with a couple more explanations as to why water was good for us. Still he persisted. So I told him that it's because how Heavenly Father made us. "But why, teacher?"
"You'd have to ask Him." That got him.
Later, another kid, "Sparky", asked me the question a few times, but I can't remember what he asked me for. He wasn't as persistent as Buttons was. *whew*

"Why? Why? Why? The eternal 'Why?' of a child!"



No comments: