Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Note:

Names of people I know have been changed to respect the privacy of those involved. Unless they say it's okay, or I see elsewhere.

Wednesday, December 01, 2010

My Beliefs (Part 2)

This is the second question from the Belief-O-Matic. My answer, and why I chose it, follows.

Question #2

Are there human incarnation(s) of God (or of gods/goddesses)? Choose one.

-God is (or gods/goddesses are) supreme, and no incarnations.
-One incarnation.
-Many (or countless) incarnations.
-No particular incarnations because God is all and all are God (or God is in all).
-No incarnations as there is no God. Or not sure. Or not important.
-None of the above.

I had to think about my answer to this question. I would have gone with "God is supreme, and no incarnations" because I don't believe in the Trinity and don't believe that God took on the form of Christ on earth and went back to heaven after His death to be part of the formless mist that is God.

But at the same time, Jesus himself (seperate from God the Father) took on a mortal body, died, and returned again to heaven. I've also been told that Jesus was, more often than not, the God (Jehovah) mentioned in the Old Testament. That makes me believe there was one incarnation of God, just not in the way that most of Christendom believes.

No comments: