Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Note:

Names of people I know have been changed to respect the privacy of those involved. Unless they say it's okay, or I see elsewhere.

Sunday, November 28, 2010

My Beliefs (Part 1)

A while back, I re-took an online test called the Belief-O-Matic from Beliefnet. I've taken it a few times before, and each time I've matched up with my own religion. This time I decided to write down the questions and my answers. Since the answers you can choose seem to not fully encompass all I believe, I chose to explain why I chose the answers I did.

I intend to make a post for each question and explanation.

Question #1:
What is the number and nature of the deity (God, gods, higher power, etc.)? Choose one.

-Only 0ne God, a corporeal spirit (has a body), supreme, personal God Almighty, the Creator.
-Only 0ne God, an incorporeal (no body) spirit, supreme, personal God Almighty, the Creator.
-Multiple personal gods (goddesses) regarded as facets of one God, and/or separate gods.
-The supreme force is the impersonal Ultimate Reality (or life force, ultimate truth, cosmic order, absolute bliss, universal soul), which resides within and/or beyond all.
-The supreme existence is both the eternal, impersonal, formless Ultimate Reality, and personal God (or gods).
-No God or supreme force. Or not sure. Or not important.
-None of the above.

This is pretty much self-explanatory. I believe in one corporeal God, who created our world. I believe God knows exactly who I am and wants me to return to live with Him one day. I believe He answers my prayers, even though sometimes the answer is no. (It's hard to come to terms with that sometimes.)

Granted, as a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, I was always taught that God was one person seperate from Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost (more on that in another post), so it makes sense that I would choose that answer. While that's true, I've thought about it on my own and have decided that I was taught the truth in that regard.

No comments: