Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Note:

Names of people I know have been changed to respect the privacy of those involved. Unless they say it's okay, or I see elsewhere.

Friday, June 09, 2006

So I went to a wedding last weekend...

And the Spirit was so strong! It was easy to feel the love of God pouring out over the young couple, my friend Athene and her now husband, making their vows of love in front of family and friends.

But it wasn't a temple wedding, the couple aren't members of the Church, but the Spirit was all around us in the beautiful garden where the ceremony took place. I can't think of another time where I've been to a non-LDS church function and felt the power of the Holy Ghost so strong.

Athene, her sister Moueska, and their brother Tarrith lost their mother to breast cancer about five years ago, and I know for a fact that she was there. It was easy to picture her standing next to her daughter, with a smile on her face and her eyes beaming with joy, as she watched her eldest daughter marry the love of her life.

The reception was almost rained out, but with prayers by staff and guest alike, we only got a few drops. The chef and co-owner of the bed and breakfast where the wedding and reception took place told some of us later that he and a few others remembered that Jesus said (Matthew 18:20 KJV) , "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them", and prayed in His name that the rain would come again some other time. I think I would be in big trouble with my Father in Heaven if I were to say that it was pure luck, or "just a coincidence" that the rain stopped soon thereafter.

I wish Athene and her husband the best of luck and many years of a loving and prosperous marriage. I know God loves you both and will bless you!

No comments: