Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Note:

Names of people I know have been changed to respect the privacy of those involved. Unless they say it's okay, or I see elsewhere.

Monday, January 10, 2005

Pre wedding advice

In trying to think of advice for newlywed couples, I'm reminded of some advice that I should give before the wedding actually takes place.
The day we got married was the last day of classes before Spring Break of 2003, so Mira had a few classes in the morning of our wedding day and left his last class early to get to the temple on time. When I got there, he was nowhere to be found. Needless to say, I was getting impatient. Where was my future husband?! He showed up a few minutes later and told me that he forgot the marriage license, so he sent two of his SIL's back to the house to get it. About 15 minutes before they got back, he realized he also forgot my wedding band and his white shoes so we could take pictures outside afterwards. We borrowed another SIL's ring to stand in place of my band so we could exchange rings after the ceremony, and a nephew of his ran over to the mini-Beehive clothing store to get him a pair of shoes.
The next day was our reception, and we woke up late. By the time we got to church to get my hair done, some pictures taken, and all that jazz, we were about half an hour late in starting. Oh boy, what an interesting 48 hours! So, to recap: make sure you have everything you need before you get there and don't wake up late the day of the reception when there's a ton of work to be done. I learned the hard way.
Oh, another thought. One of Lar's SIL's is getting married this summer, and she plans on getting her rings soldered a few weeks before the wedding so she doesn't have to have it done later. I wish I would have thought of that! If you can stand not having your ring on your finger for a while, then that's a good idea. If you can't, it's still a good idea. Just get a ring to wear while your other one is in the shop. I don't wear my ring in the shower or in bed [snags the sheets and is dangerous in the dark (Ow! You poked me!)], so we went and bought a silver $10 band from Walmart. It does nicely and if you lose it down the drain, you're only out $10.
Still need to think of more advice for post wedding bliss, though. Be patient, it will come!

1 comment:

Mika said...

Oh that makes me even more happy that hubby and I eloped to the temple. We didn't do any of the traditional wedding stuff, and my advice would be to skip it, and have a lovely, relaxing day. :)