Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Note:

Names of people I know have been changed to respect the privacy of those involved. Unless they say it's okay, or I see elsewhere.

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Praying for Grandpa

My folks and my brothers went out to Utah Friday through Sunday to visit my grandpa (dad's dad) in Tooele. He's been in and out of the hospital with pneumonia for a while and currently resides in a nursing home near his daughter and her family (my aunt, dad's sister). He's losing track of time now; he thinks grandma died three weeks ago, and it's been five years (this from the man who fixed watches and clocks for a living).
My dad tells me he joined the military 63 years ago on the 3rd (3 December 1941). He'll be 91 on Christmas Day. After the first of the year, we're going to have a family fast and pray that he will soon be out of pain and released from mortality. This is hard, but it's really for the best; then he can be with his wife again. That'll be good for him.
In other news, we're still waiting for a time to go to the temple to seal Nana and Papa to their girls. I hope it's soon.

No comments: