Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Note:

Names of people I know have been changed to respect the privacy of those involved. Unless they say it's okay, or I see elsewhere.

Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Making his mark on the world

My brother-in-law the bishop dropped by today with a cd. The performer currently goes by the name on his tag: Elder Dent. But when he goes back home, he'll go by his first name: Leland*.
Elder Dent was serving as a missionary in our ward until a couple months back; I think this was his first area. He would play piano prelude for my hubby when he was unable to play on the the organ, and when Mira was released because of health problems, he would play when the new organist couldn't get there in time to play prelude. His talent lies in the fact that he plays by ear and does wonderful improvs on the hymns. He's even written his own music. There's just no stopping this guy!
Even though he serves the Lord and his fellow man by preaching the Gospel, he also serves by performing his music. My family had the opportunity, when he and his companion would come to dinner, to hear him play, and they always left our home with the Spirit.
I wish good luck to Elder Dent on his mission and in all his life after he returns with honor.

*The website is a bit sparse at the moment, but I expect it will bloom further after his mission.

No comments: