Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Note:

Names of people I know have been changed to respect the privacy of those involved. Unless they say it's okay, or I see elsewhere.

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Happy (Early) Thanksgiving!

I don't know if I'll be on tomorrow, since I've got family coming over at one for dinner (more like lunch), then I'm going to my mom's later in the afternoon for an early dinner, so I figured I'd better post a Thanksgiving post today, just in case.
With that in mind, what am I thankful for?
First and foremost, I'm thankful that Christ lived, died for my sins, and was resurrected. I'm also thankful that Joseph Smith, pondering over which church to join, prayed in the Sacred Grove and saw God the Father and Jesus Christ, who helped him bring the fullness of the Gospel to the earth once again. To my Father, I owe everything: my wonderful parents, who raised me in a righteous home, my terrific siblings who continue to grow in the Gospel, and my many wonderful relatives, both past and present.
He has also given me the best husband a woman could ask for (and subsequently, amazing in-laws). I'm thankful that I was able to go with him to the temple a year and eight months ago and be sealed as his wife (and future mother of his children), not just in this life, but in the eternities to come. I'm thankful to know that I can be with my family forever, and that I have a testimony of the truthfulness of the Bible and the Book of Mormon. They are companions, and written proof that God loves us and that we are His children.
There are many hymns that can express the gratutide I feel, but I think the best one would have to be Because I Have Been Given Much. Unfortunately, it's copyrighted, so I can't post it, but in a nutshell, I've been blessed with a lot in my life, so I need to be grateful and pass my blessings on to others.
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!
Sister T

No comments: