Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Note:

Names of people I know have been changed to respect the privacy of those involved. Unless they say it's okay, or I see elsewhere.

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

The day is almost here!


The St. Louis Missouri temple Posted by Hello
On the 20th, my mom's mom will have been gone a year, and on that day, my mom wants her work done, and she will be sealed to her sister and parents as an eternal family!
Nana and Papa (her folks) had a stillborn daughter, whom I was named after, and they adopted my mom four years later. She grew up Episcopalian and converted when she was a teenager. Her parents never joined.
Papa passed away last March, and his work has already been done. My mom cried when my dad, who works at the temple on Wednesday nights, announced that her dad was given the priesthood by proxy that night. (As a matter of fact, I think he was the one who bestowed it on him. I'd have to ask him.)
In two and a half weeks, Nana will be able to have her work done. I think my mom is going to stand as proxy for her. What's even cooler is that Mira and I will be able to stand as proxy for her parents when the sealing is done. (I find that slightly amusing: a daughter and son-in-law standing in as parents for the daughter's mother.)
With that in mind, I've asked for some prayers at Beliefnet in the LDS section that my husband be given the strength to go to the temple when we do the sealing. It worked a while back when my nephew went through for the first time, and I have faith that he will be able to endure this as well.

No comments: