Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Note:

Names of people I know have been changed to respect the privacy of those involved. Unless they say it's okay, or I see elsewhere.

Monday, July 19, 2004

Called Home

My mom's friend's mother passed away about 3:15 Saturday morning. My siblings and I called her Auntie Ree. Her daughter was like another sister to my mother, and we consider her our aunt.
I thought her funeral was tomorrow, but it turned out that it was today! I thought only the viewing was today. I called my mom and left a message on her machine apologizing for not making it. I was sure she told me that the funeral was tomorrow... I wasn't able to get a hold of her (her cell was off), so I checked the obits of the local newspaper online, and there it was. Drat!
She was married to her husband for almost 50 years. Here's an excerpt from her obit: "...loving sister-in-law, 'Auntie Ree' to her nieces and nephews and all who adopted her; a mother to Madeline N. of C*********, Sandra P. of St. J***** and Colleen B. of St. L**** C*****.
She worked many years as an election judge and gave joy and happiness to all who have known her. She lived fully and bravely through overwhelming trials and seven decades. Her humor, love and friendship will be missed by all."
God be with you 'til we meet again, Auntie Ree.

No comments: