Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Note:

Names of people I know have been changed to respect the privacy of those involved. Unless they say it's okay, or I see elsewhere.

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

A loophole... or not.

I read a story in The New Era about a girl who had to practice a dialogue with a friend in drama class that had some profanity in it. Of course, she didn't use any of the curses and modified her part so she wouldn't have to swear.
Until I read that story (Annette Antonelli, “Example Speaks Loudest,” New Era, Mar. 1994, 49), I thought it would be great to be an actor, because since profanity was in the script, I had to say it. This was a loophole for a kid who was always told not to swear and thought it would be cool to do so. *cue Seminary video music* But when I read that story, I thought that it was a good idea, that she was smart to stand up for what she believed in, and I could do the same.
Don't ask why I brought this up. I guess it was because I was thinking about it today. Come on, I need something to talk about here! Give me some credit. ^_^ After all, it is Thoughts by Sister T.

No comments: