Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Note:

Names of people I know have been changed to respect the privacy of those involved. Unless they say it's okay, or I see elsewhere.

Friday, June 25, 2004

Called Home

A sister in our ward, who had been battling melanoma, passed away yesterday. She was slightly excited to be leaving this earth and going home, as she would be out of pain. I don't know how old she was, just that she and her husband have a young teenage son with Down's syndrome(?).
My Relief Society prez called to see if I would bring a dinner over to them this evening. My mom was compassionate service director for a number of years, so I know what I'm doing. After all, guess who helped her take the food? ^_^ So we're taking the family some lasagna, salad, and some mac & cheese later this evening. It's probably not much, but it's something.
The man who informed me was our former stake patriarch, and is the unofficial funeral director of the church in the area. He did my grandmother and dedicated the graves of my mom's parents. He'll do my grandpa when he goes as well. I don't know what we'll do when he finally passes; he's up there in age, but still going strong.
In other news, President Hinckley is still going strong, even though he turned ninety-four on Wednesday. He was also awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom, along with twelve others. Way to go!

No comments: