Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Note:

Names of people I know have been changed to respect the privacy of those involved. Unless they say it's okay, or I see elsewhere.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Not to sound like a know-it-all...

I read an article this morning about scholars who agree that God had a wife that was worshipped along with Him. In the Bible, the Isrealites worshipped both God and His wife, Asherah.

It's a concept I'm already familiar with, especially as a Latter-day Saint. It's not widely preached, but we do believe that we are children of Heavenly Parents, which means we have both a Heavenly Father and a Heavenly Mother. True, we don't pray directly to our Heavenly Mother, but I believe that when we pray, even though we direct the prayer to Heavnly Father, it goes to both of them.

No comments: