Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Note:

Names of people I know have been changed to respect the privacy of those involved. Unless they say it's okay, or I see elsewhere.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

My Beliefs (Parts 8-11)

These are the eighth through eleventh questions from the Belief-O-Matic. My answers, and why I chose them, follow.

Question #8
Worship:
-The Supreme Power, God or Gods.
-God - three persons of one essence.
-God the Father, His Son, the Holy Spirit - each a distinct essence.
-Not applicable.

I have been taught all my life that God the Father, His Son Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are separate from each other, but make up the Godhead together. When I pray, I pray to God, in the name of Jesus Christ, and listen to the promptings of the Holy Ghost.
---------------------

Question #9

Baptism (or initiation) ceremonies:
-Required
-Not required
-Not applicable

I was baptised a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints when I was eight years old. I suppose that, were I to choose to join another religion, I'd like to have some sort of formal welcome, be it through a baptism or another form of initiation. I think it would make me feel as if I were really a part of that particular community.
--------------------

Question #10

Regularly confess or repent:
-All sins/wrongs to a cleric
-All sins/wrongs, but not neccessarily to a cleric.
-Not applicable.

I don't think that you need confess every little slip-up to a cleric. With some things, a confession between yourself and God/the Universe is enough to suffice. I think it's the bigger sins you need to think more about bringing up to whatever clergy person you look to for guidance.
--------------------

Question #11

Doing good works/deeds and acting compassionately is:
-Necessary
-Not necessary
-Not applicable

I think it's absolutely necessary to to good things for others. The Golden Rule, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you", is one of the most quoted and universal commandments out there, no matter the religion or society. Then there's the parable told by Jesus in the New Testament, "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of these my bretheren, ye have done it unto Me." We have to remember that every person on this earth is a child of God, no matter what kind of person they are.

No comments: