Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Note:

Names of people I know have been changed to respect the privacy of those involved. Unless they say it's okay, or I see elsewhere.

Thursday, February 24, 2005

I'm a Mohican!

A startling realization surfaced at Enrichment tonight: Not only am I in a minority, I am the minority! That's right, I am the only young married woman in the ward who does not yet have children! (And we are still the ward newlyweds since the recent newlyweds moved into a different ward. It'll be two years in less than two weeks! ^_^)
Anyway, I realized this at Enrichment night this evening when we divided up into three groups to talk about Family Home Evening at different stages in life: 1) singles, newlyweds without kids, and older folks with kids out of the house, 2) for families with young children, and 3) for families with teenagers. [I was in charge of getting the children's class in order (neƩ nursery; we just started it last month; they want the kids to actually learn something instead of play the whole time), but I didn't have to stay there. I had a week or so to prepare, but knowing me... Let's just say that procrastination is the only way I can get anything done. I've written some of my best papers the night before! ^_^ But back to our regularly scheduled blog...]
We started off in the Relief Society room, then broke off into our different classes and met back together for the last 15 minutes, then mingled. Anyway, my group consisted of my mother-in-law, who taught the class, two older single sisters (one widowed, one divorced), two older married sisters, and me. Boy did I look out of place! They were all dressed in nice blouses and slacks, and I came in my long sleeved tee and bluejeans. They had all had children before, and I'm just a really loveable aunt and fun nursery leader. Half of the time, we had a lesson, the rest of the time we just talked. Well, they talked, and I chimed in every once in a while.
And my procrastination paid off! The children's class went very well. Remind me to tell you how to play "Don't Eat Pete!" It's cute. ^_^
Well, what started out as a thought ended up as a full scale recap of my evening. Oh well. Congratulations if you made it this far.

1 comment:

Eddie said...

I made it all the way through!

I remember those days, being the only couple without kids. And everyone saying, "When are you finally going to have children?!" (thank you, lady I only see on Sunday at church, for prying into our personal business!)

Enjoy the time with your husband. Kids are great, but sometimes we miss the days when it was just "us".