Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Note:

Names of people I know have been changed to respect the privacy of those involved. Unless they say it's okay, or I see elsewhere.

Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Pop Holiday music on Launch

Recently, I started listening to pop versions of holiday songs on Launchcast, like Jewel's version of Hark the Herald Angels Sing and Adam Sandler's famous Chanukah Song (actually, I'm still waiting to hear it). But for the moment I've been paying more attention to the Christmas carols by pop acts. Currently, I've got Clay Aiken's version of The First Noel. It's kinda nice to hear songs about the Savior sung by popular voices. The only downside is that you can only listen to a Christmas carol so many times, as with many other songs.
The station doesn't focus on just Christmas, but it also has a couple dealing with Chanukah, your generic Happy Holidays songs, and even one about Kwanzaa! Now they need some about Yule/Solstice, and Saturnalia, andthey'll be all set! (A side note: I've posted on the Learn About (Neo)Paganism board at Beliefnet and asked them about those three holidays. When I get some answers, I'll post them, even if only for my own benefit.)

No comments: