Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket

Note:

Names of people I know have been changed to respect the privacy of those involved. Unless they say it's okay, or I see elsewhere.

Saturday, September 25, 2004

Some bring their babies...

And some bring their puppies. The Relief Society General Broadcast was tonight, and we usually have a dinner beforehand. Tonight we had a taco salad/nacho buffet and the Stake Presidency served while some other brethren bussed tables and refilled water glasses.
Even though there was a nursery, there were still quite a few babies that needed maternal attention. At our table (my MIL and I sat with some sisters from our ward) there was a grandmother with a baby and her (step?)daughter sat with us with a little one of her own: a cocker spaniel/black lab/possible rottweiler puppy, whose eyes had only opened a day or two beforehand. He was so cute! I got to hold him after dinner, and he fell asleep in my arms. Aw, what a sweet thing!

Well, the broadcast was excellent. Thomas S. Monson was funny. He says he realized that he was the minority, and that he should be careful with what he says. Bonnie Parkin, the General RS prez made a comment about thanking the sisters for all the casseroles they've made. I got to play the "Look for your relative" game when the Choir sang. One of my aunts used to be in it a number of years ago, and since she left, one of my uncles has been in it. Well, the choir this evening was composed of current and former female Motab members, so I looked for my aunt. And there she was. She was in front of a woman kinda in the middle with short white hair. And since she was kinda in the middle, I was able to look at her when the choir sang with the congregations. That was kinda cool.

All in all, it was a good evening. I went back for seconds and we had apple crisp with ice cream for dessert. Woohoo.

1 comment:

Mika said...

Awww... puppies are so cute. I think that they are even cuter than babies, especially when they are that new!